Sticky adhesives like liquid nails can come in handy when you are looking for durable bonding solutions. However, removing these adhesives is not the easiest of jobs. Without the best liquid nails removers, you can spend a ridiculous amount of time and effort trying to get sticky residues off different surfaces. While there are DIY solutions, most take time and unnecessary effort, leading to frustration and sometimes even ruining your surface. This article will highlight the pros and cons of the six best liquid nails removers that guarantee you easy and fast removal of adhesives from different surfaces.
Table of content
1. Smith & Nephew Uni Solve Adhesive Remover
Liquid - 8oz
For many sick people including diabetics and people who have undergone surgery, the agony of removing bandages only worsens their condition. The Smith & Nephew Uni Solve Adhesive Remover helps to remove residue from tapes and bandages without irritating the skin. You only need to apply a little amount using a cotton pad or gauze and the bandage and all the gunk will come off. Plus, the aloe vera extract in this adhesive remover offers a soothing effect on the skin. However, you should avoid using it on open wounds and near mucous membranes. If you need to use this product while traveling, you are better off taking the Uni Solve Adhesive Remover Wipes instead of the bottled liquid to avoid any messes.
- Can be used on skin without irritating it
- Can be used on clothes and other surfaces as well
- Cheaper than other plaster and bandage removing adhesives
- Contains alcohol, methyl ether, and isoparaffin which can sting open wounds and dry out some skins
2. Goo Gone Surface Safe Adhesive Remover
Safely Restore Your Surfaces - The surface-safe formula removes the goo without harming your surface. Formulated with citrus cleaning agents and a pleasant citrus scent
Trusted #1 Brand For Removin...
The Goo Gone Adhesive Remover is arguably the best adhesive remover for getting rid of all types of sticky messes. It is trusted in the market because of its potency and the fact that it is less harsh compared to other liquid nails removers. This adhesive remover can safely be used on multiple fabrics and surfaces for multiple functions, including removing sticky residues, cleaning tar, erasing crayon drawings, and cleaning window sills, amongst other things. It also has a fresh citrus scent, making it more user-friendly, and it comes in different sizes, prices, and packages. You can purchase an 8 oz bottle for your home or get the Goo Gone Pen to get rid of any sticky messes you encounter while on the go.
- Well-priced with a variety of options
- Strong reputation for getting rid of adhesive stains
- Can be used on most surfaces and fabrics
- Fresh citrus scent
- Portable options like the Goo Gone Pen are expensive
3. 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover
Specially blended solvent for removal of light paint overspray, adhesive residue, wax, grease, tree sap, dirt, road tar, oil and bugs
Quickly removes waxes, greases, oil and tars
The 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover is for heavy-duty sticky stains. It comes in solvent-based and aerosol formulas that can remove sticky residues, grease, oil stains, tar, spray paint, wax, and tree sap among other sticky stains. 3M General Purpose Adhesive also has a wide range of liquid nails removers, including the 3M Auto Advanced that can help you get rid of bumper sticker residues without ruining your windscreen and car paint. Despite its effectiveness in cleaning off sticky adhesives, the aerosol in this cleaner poses environmental and health hazards. It is thus important that you wear protective gear such as masks, gloves, and goggles when using the 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover. Additionally, it is recommended that you use this cleaner in well-aerated spaces, preferably in open-air areas or with windows and doors wide open to avoid health risks.
- Effective in removing liquid nails and other adhesives
- Can be used on different surfaces including vinyl, fabric, and painted surfaces
- Variety of adhesive removers
- Its ingredients are harsh and can pose health, safety, and environmental risks if protective measures are not taken into consideration
- This adhesive remover is priced on the higher side
- Some states prohibit the sale of this adhesive remover
4. Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser
Safely dissolves grease and oils on most everything, product contains no acids, abrasive or petroleum solvents and is water based and biodegradable so safe for all uses even in septic systems
The Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser is a highly concentrated product with a strong reputation for clearing different types of stains. It is water-based and biodegradable, making it suitable for both household and industrial use. It can be very potent and must be diluted per product instruction.
- USDA approved for non-food surfaces
- Concentrated and powerful in removing both household and industrial stains
- Biodegradable and environmentally safe
- Must be used with care and diluted according to instructions
5. Goof Off Adhesive Remover
12 OZ Goof Off Gunk & Adhesive Remover Gel
Removes The Toughest Stuff Including Adhesives
Goof Off Adhesive Remover is highly potent and can remove the toughest of liquid nails and stains. If you are looking to get rid of tough, dried up, stubborn stains from paints, old stickers, gum, tree sap, and tar, Goof Off will literally clear up your surfaces in minutes. Unfortunately, it comes with a highly pungent smell that can be too much to handle for longer periods. It is thus recommended that you wear protective gear such as masks and gloves when using this cleaner. In addition, some people have had their surfaces ruined by the potent Goof Off cleaners. It is better to test this adhesive remover on a few spots before going all in.
- Very potent and known to remove stubborn sticky stains
- Affordable and comes in spray and detergent form
- Available in various sizes
- Pungent, choking smell that is hard to withstand for long periods
- Can ruin some surfaces in the cleaning process and must be spot tested before use
6. D Super Remover Adhesive Stripper
STRONG: The strongest adhesive remover available without methylene chloride, NMP, or any other highly toxic chemicals.
SAFER: This revolutionary, patent pending, new adhesive stripper works similar...
D Super Remover Adhesive Stripper is one of the oldest liquid nails and adhesive removers in the market. Its gel formula can get rid of different types of urethane foams, tars, and concrete stains. Super Remover is also free of methylene chloride and other toxic ingredients, making it safe to use.
- Manufactured by one of the oldest companies in the market
- Safe to use on different surfaces
- Contains environmental friendly ingredients
- Less potent than other liquid nails removers
- May require multiple applications to work on certain stains
Eliminating liquid nail and adhesive stains can be a lot of work. With these best liquid nails removers, you can erase grease, tar, epoxy, and all types of sticky stains much faster. You should look out for the ingredients in the liquid nails removers as well as the surface that you intend to clean. It is also necessary to use the right protective gear to avoid toxifying your environment and harming your body. When it comes to liquid nails removers, a top-quality product goes a long way.